Monday, October 19, 2009

Weeks 16 & 17



Week 16:

Tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length!! Right now he's about the size of an avocado (4 1/2 inches head to rump and 3 1/2 ounces).


This week has gone pretty good. Not too many changes, my belly is starting to look 'rounder' finally and I'm really starting to feel pregnant (especially since my non-maternity clothes definitely don't fit the same!) I've been having a lot of lower abdominal pressure, I'm assuming it's just all the growing my uterus and the baby are doing!!


We've also made some progress on the nursery. Andy started putting the wainscoating up around the bottom half of the room and is about half done with that. Once he has another weekend off he's going to finish that and then once we find out if it's a boy or girl we will finish painting the room! :) We also ordered our crib and dresser/changer because it was on sale and the dresser already came! So Andy picked that up on Saturday and it's sitting in the box in the baby's room for now until the painting is done and it doesn't need to be protected :)

Week 17:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartlidge to bone, and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 oz now (about as much as a turnip) and is about 5 inches long from head to bottom. He can move his joints , and the sweat glands are starting to develop.

3 comments:

Katie said...

So cute! If I rub your belly will it bring me good luck?

Christia said...

Oh man! Adorable, seriously! I can't wait to find out what you're having! I'll live vicariously through you!

Kara and Colin said...

I love reading your updates. Glad you're finally feeling pregnant and not just fat! :) And I love the wainscoting! coating you're putting up. It looks great! Enjoy!