Friday, August 28, 2009

{9 week update}


We had our 9 week appointment a few days early on Monday (at 8 weeks 5 days). This was our last appointment with the specialist. We had our 2nd ultrasound and our little peanut actually looks more like a baby now!!!! It was so wonderful to see the little one again and see the heart beating (which was at a wonderful rate of 166 bpm). The dr. said the growth rate is right on track, and we even got to see a little bit of movement!! He also helped ease some of our anxieties by explaining that 'how' we got pregnant (via IVF) will not create any additional complications or risks throughout the pregnancy, he expects everything to be perfectly normal! :) He officially released us from his care and I will see my OB for the first time next week at 10 weeks :)




Now onto the 'fun' questions:




How far along are you: 9 weeks 2 days




Total Weight Gain: Up about 5 lbs (which I'm blaming on our trip to San Fran this week...oops!!)




How much does baby weigh: 4 grams (according to my ticker) And is the size of a grape/green olive/strawberry depending on what you're reading :)




Maternity Clothes: I bought my first pair of pants this week and I wore some ... they are soooo much more comfy! (even if I don't *really* need them yet)




Stretch Marks: Negative..




Sleep: Pretty good except my early morning bathroom trip




Best Moment this week: Non-pregnancy related: Our mini-vacation to San Francisco for Andy's birthday!! Pregnancy related: reached the 9 week mark and saw our peanut again on the u/s!




Movement: Saw some on the u/s although I won't be able to feel it for a while




Food Cravings: nothing major...although I'm always wanting pasta/bread/carbs!!! mmm...




Milestone: Released from the RE's office to my regular OB/GYN!! :)

3 comments:

Christia said...

Tell Dr. Morris I say hi! (Seriously. I love her.) :) SO excited for you!

Stella said...

I love the updates even if I've heard some already I get all the details here - I'm just so thankful you are being blessed with a child - if anyone deserves it you do!

Alysha Holmquist said...

I will definitely go out with you for some pasta when I'm home :o) To help out with cravings :o) Heehee. I'm glad you have this blog so I can stay updated while I'm away. I'll miss you but I'm sooooo glad you and the baby are doing good! Love You!