Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fun times


I figured it was time to post a new blog..or at least something more upbeat! Not much has changed the past couple weeks. Just plugging along trying to get used to my new schedule at work (which I'm pretty sure is impossible) and trying to find time for a social life! Which is pretty hard to do as well. Although I feel like I've been doing pretty good at that the past couple of weeks. I've learned that it's a lot easier for me to stay positive and not feel sorry for myself when I'm out doing stuff and hanging out with friends.
On Monday I finally met up with my friend Amanda to catch up, as it had been WAY too long! It was a nice day so we went up to Bradley Lake Park and walked and talked for a couple laps :) Tuesday night Andy and I went over to Keren and Steves where we had some tasty enchiladas I made and had a fun time playing with the little ones and then playing Phase 10 when they went to sleep. As usual we had a blast and agreed that we definitely need to try to get together more often. Yesterday I spent most of the day out in the yard raking up the endless amount of leaves in our back yard..ugh...wasn't my favorite way to spend my day off, but it has to be done! Then I picked Andy up at the train station and we went over to Brad and Katie's house for some pizza and more games. This time we played Man Laws/Women's Rules and Apples to Apples. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them also!


Overall I've had a good 'weekend' so far. It was nice to actually have plans, that way I felt motivated to get some other stuff done around here..now the house is clean and the yard is partially done! My goal today was to finish the yard, so hopefully the rain stops soon so I can do that, but that's unlikely..oh well, I guess I'll need to find another way to spend my day..hmm...I really need some hobbies!!

0 comments: