Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happiness Update

Well .. I can't guarantee I will be very good at keeping up with this blog. With working full time, taking care of Hudson and Andy and trying to keep the house in order I am exhausted by the end of the day!

I have made o.k. progress towards my January goals of getting healthier. I am still going strong without Sugar! Most days I only have 1 cup of coffee (although there have been several days that I've had 2). I've decided that NOT being able to have caffiene makes me more unhappy than having it makes me, so I am giving myself permission to break this rule if I'm having the urge for more than 1 cup of coffee :)

I haven't been nearly as good as I wanted to be in the working out department though. It has been so hard with the schedule I was on. I will be switching shifts starting Saturday though, so I'm hoping that will give me a chance to get more running and working out in. The cold snowy weather doesn't help either since I can't talk Hudson and Maverick on walks even.

So far I don't feel like my January theme of "getting fit" is contributing to my happiness. I actually feel more like it's taking away from my happiness since I feel bad about myself when I'm not doing as well as I'd like on my goals :(

Here are a few things that made me happy the past few weeks (I stole this idea from my friend Alysha who is doing her own Happiness Project):

1. Snow!! (and mostly the fact that the big storm came on my day off)

2. My morning cup of coffee

3. "Healthy" brownies I made tonight (NO sugar and delicous .. thank you Pinterest for the awesome recipe!)

4. My 3 days off per week to spend with Hudson!

5. Going to Ikea last week and getting a few things to start some organization projects (I'm getting a jumpstart on February's goals)

6. A clean house

I probably won't post again until the end of the month .. but hopefully I will be able to make more significant progress towards my Fitness Goals by then!! :)

0 comments: