Wow, time sure is flying by! We started our childbirth classes a few weeks ago. This Thursday will be our next to last class. These classes have been very beneficial in showing us what to expect when I go into labor and the different outcomes that may or may not happen for us. Although I've been reading a lot, it's nice to go to a class and have it reinforced and I think it helps Andy to know the reasons why I have made some of the decisions I have in regards to what I what I want to try to do during labor and delivery.
The nursery is coming right along too. I made some letters spelling out Hudson's name, now we just need to hang them, which should hopefully be done soon :) Other than that , I'm waiting for my showers to finish organizing the closet and dresser and then to start deciding what we will still need to buy before Hudson's arrival!
That's about all in the baby updates. I do have an exciting update for work. I applied and interviewed for the CTO position (Communications Training Officer) and got the job!! So I will now be working on different training projects and training new dispatchers as needed. This will be a nice change and hopefully a new challenge for me since I was getting into a bit of a slump. I have a couple week long classes to take in the next month and a half too, so that will be nice to get done before Hudson is here and I'm off work for a few months! And a negative about work...we bid for our new shifts this week and I will be going back to working 22-08 (10 pm-8 am) with Sun/Mon/Tues nights off. So I got ok days off, but the hours are gonna be killer. My only choice was the same shift I'm on now (6pm-4 am) or a 22-08 shift. Andy and I decided this will work out best for us with Hudson/childcare etc. So hopefully we're right and I can get some sleep during the days when Hudson is with Nancy or Andy! And I will only be working it for a few months, so it's not like I have to suffer too long if it doesn't work out.
Here's a little pregnancy survey too, just for fun cuz I'm bored!
How far along are you? 31 weeks!!
How much does baby weigh? according to my latest email about 3.5 lbs and 16 inches long already!!!
Maternity clothes? Yep!
Stretch marks? None yet...keeping my fingers crossed
Sleep? waking up a lot to use the bathroom and due to back pain, but it's not too bad..
Best moment this week? Finding out how much we get back from our tax return!!
Movement? All the time!!
Food cravings? Still haven't really had any
Milestones: Less than 10 weeks to go!!






0 comments:
Post a Comment