Monday, December 28, 2009

We wish you a Merry Christmas!!




Well, another Christmas has come and gone. It seems like we prepare for so long and then it's gone with the blink of an eye! Andy and I enjoyed our time together and with my family this year. Christmas Eve we spent with my dad's side of the family (which has become tradition). We went down to my aunt and uncle's in Montesano where we enjoyed spending some quality with my cousins, aunts and uncles, dad, sisters, brother and grandparents! We played some fun 'games' that my aunt put together, had a delicious Prime Rib dinner and opened some presents. As usual, my grandma went all out and got everyone tons of gifts. Andy and I got a food processor (which I asked for, to help make my own baby food later..), a Walmart gift card, some lotions/body washes and Hudson even got a cute little puppy jacket and some CD's.




After opening presents we headed back to Puyallup for celebration #2 at Nancy and Kenny's house. We stayed a couple hours and caught up with some relatives we hadn't seen since last Christmas. We then headed home to let Maverick out for a couple minutes before heading to the 10 pm church service at Calvary Community Church that we have attended off and on since moving to Puyallup. The church service was perfect, we sang some traditional Christmas carols, watched as the children told the youth pastor what they wanted for Christmas and he read them a story, then listened to a short sermon on "Hope." It was wonderful to enjoy the true meaning of Christmas. I've always wanted to start a new tradition of going to church on Christmas Eve and I hope going this year has started that.

Christmas Day was more low key. Andy and I woke up around 9:30 and opened our presents from eachother and from his family that they mailed. We were thrilled to get a Canon video camera from Andy's parents!!! What a perfect gift to have just before Hudson is born. We can't wait to try it out and be able to capture all his milestones throughout his life. This will also make it much easier to share things with Andy's family since they all live across the state.

After opening presents we headed up to my mom's house for Christmas brunch. We enjoyed her delicious breakfast casserole with Nancy and Kenny, Mom and Dean, Steve, Shey, Bryce, Todd, Aunt Sharene and Tom and one of their neighbors. It was nice to spend more time with them since we hadn't seen them for long the night before. We finished off the morning/early afternoon opening a few presents and visiting before Andy and I headed home to relax before I had to come to work that night.
Overall we had a good couple days celebrating Christmas but we both agree that next year will be MUCH better with a little one around! Christmas really is about celebrating Jesus and children!!!
Andy finally got what he asks me for every year!!
Sisters!
Grandpa with a few of his granddaughters :)
Dad and Steve with matching sweaters from Grandma
Bryce and Cody playing football with Andy :)
Dean with Shey and Bryce
Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Kenny with Shey and Bryce

Cody loved the rawhide from Maverick! He didn't stop chewing it until it was gone!

3 comments:

Christia said...

Awww! You guys are adorable! I'm glad you had a great Christmas! Next year will be SO much fun with little Hudson!

Katie said...

Such great pictures of everyone! I don't think I've seen Shey and Brice since your wedding...Shey looks so grown up!

Anonymous said...

I love the silhouette photo of you in front of the tree! I am so sad that I wasn't able to come down for Anne of Green Gables day!!! I hope you guys had fun. We really need to get together sometime soon. Dan's back to M-Tu-Wed off next week, so once I know my schedule we can make plans when you're off too! I hope you have a wonderful New Year and hope things slow down a bit after your whirlwind Christmas :)