Wednesday, December 9, 2009

24 weeks...and still growing strong!

Decorating Gingerbread Houses!
Me and Joy (me at 23 weeks 3 days, Joy at 26 weeks 1 day)
Daddy is so proud of the nursery he built! :)


Wow..where did this baby come from??!!


Week 23: Baby is more than 11 inches long and weighs about 1 lb! About the size of a large mango. He is able to hear things outside the womb, so all of Maverick's barking and our yelling at him will be familar when he's born! :) This week I have been starting to feel more and more movement. Some kicks have even been strong enough to see them on the outside of my stomach and through my shirt! Everytime I feel him kicking it puts a smile on my face. I just love knowing he is healthy and strong.
I also had my 23 week appointment this week. Just a routine checkup where I was weighed and the dr. listened to Hudson's heartbeat. She asked if I had any questions or concerns and I was on my way!
Week 24: Baby has gained about 4 oz. since last week and now weighs just over 1 lb. He's also about a foot long, the size of an ear of corn. His body is beginning to fill out as he adds fat in the coming weeks and his lungs are developing so he can breathe outside the womb. Another big milestone his this week is what many call "V-day"--(or viability day) at this point in the pregnancy the baby COULD be viable outside the womb...although I'd prefer him to stay in there at least a couple more months :)

I can't believe how much my stomach has been growing the past few weeks. It's amazing how fast the changes take place. Hudson is still kicking and moving like crazy. This last week Andy had an awesome surprise for me. While I was gone at a get-together he painted the entire nursery, took the furniture out of the boxes and put the crib together!! I was so surprised and excited when I saw it. Now we can start decorating and getting it all set up for the little guy!! Next on the agenda...getting another shelf put in the closet so we can get the clothes organized.

Aside from the pregnancy progress Christmas is in full swing around here. Last week I pulled out the Christmas decorations and got most of them set up. Then Saturday Andy and I went and picked out a beautiful Christmas tree. Saturday night we went to Joy and Dan's Christmas party. Joy made a delicious dinner with all the fixings and afterwards we decorated Gingerbread houses! Unfortunately mine and Andy's house didn't want to stay standing, so it didn't turn out how we envisioned it, but we still had a blast.. thanks guys!

Now I'm just trying to finish up my Christmas shopping so I can get it all wrapped and done with early this year! I hate trying to last minute shop :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nursery (and you!) is so cute! Is that a greenish color? Are you having a theme? Need details as a certain mother of mine is itching to knit Hudson a blanket :)

Christia said...

So so cute! Seriously you're adorable! I can't wait to see Hudson!