Monday, March 30, 2009

Quick Fertility Update

I guess it's about time I give an update to those of you wondering about my fertility status. Well...as of right now we are taking a break from the RE (reproductive encrinologist) and I've been seeking more natural methods. As I posted a couple months ago I have changed my diet to the 'fertility diet' more or less. I am still following this diet (incorporating mostly organic foods, little to no processed foods/sugar, etc) and also started seeing an acupuncturist at Acupuncture NW a little over a month ago. Unfortunately nothing has changed in my cycle so far. The acupuncturist has me seeing her once a week for treatment, as well as taking a customized herb blend 2 times per day and using what they call a "Moxa Stick" to 'warm the uterus' (this is basically a giant incense stick that is put near the abdomen to warm the area of the uterus. I am hoping they are able to help get my cycle back, but have been frustrated so far that nothing seems to be helping when I have given up so much. But as my previous post noted, I am leaving this all up to God and know this is His plan ultimately. So...not much new on the fertility home front....we're just trying to take things one day at a time! And are looking forward to a much needed vacation to Cancun next month to take our minds off everything and give us a chance to relax!!

1 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

I'm totally jealous you're going to Cancun. We could all use some sunshine around here! Keep your head up, I always hear about "miracle" babies from people who didn't even think IVF would work. There's always hope!