Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cricut, Crafting and Cardmaking


My latest addiction is my Cricut and card making!! It's such a great hobby..and something I can do on my days off when I'm trying to stay up late without making too much noise :) For those of you that haven't heard of a Cricut, it's an electronic die-cutting machine that is used to cut out shapes, words, etc to be used on scrapbook pages and cards. I had never made homemade cards before or put a lot of effort into my scrapbook pages; but after getting some inspiration from fellow scrapbooking friends as well as a couple websites and magazines, I've come to realize how much better I could be making my pages!!! It makes me want to go through all my past scrapbooks and start over..but I don't think I'm that ambitious yet! Maybe once I have all my pictures done and I'm looking for a new project.
I got into card making once I realized how much faster they were then scrapbook pages, that and I don't feel like I have to be so worried about the small details. So...if anyone's up for a scrapbook/card making get together let me know..I'd be happy to host one! (that is, if you're willing to accomodate my crazy schedule!)
Some of my recent creations:

8 comments:

Kate said...

Wow Suzie! Those look awesome! I too feel the need to scrapbook (especially for Lily & Jack), but I am not that into it because of all the time and effort. I don't have much of either:) Any who, cards sound like the perfect combo of craftiness and quickness:) And yours are too cute!

Kara and Colin said...

Gosh those look awesome! Good job! It's kind of fun to take time and see what you can make of a blank card or a new scrapbook layout. :)

Pure Mommy Extract said...

Way to craft Suzie! They look great. I'm glad you are putting that Cricut to good use. It's sad if they just sit on a shelf like mine does all too often. I love it, but it also doesn't get brought out for those quick jobs because I have to keep it away from the kids.

Anonymous said...

You got a Cricut!!! I am going to get one too... one of these days :) I got a Cuttlebug for my birthday, but it's not quite the same because you have to buy all the individual die cutting patterns and what not. I've just started card making too! There's just something about the instant gratification of a card as opposed to a whole scrapbook page. I got a few card making books with some great ideas a few weeks ago. If we can get our schedules to work, I'd love to get together with you and make stuff.

Keren said...

Love, love, love them!! Totally looking forward to Tuesday where we can break out some more mad crafting skills!! Whoo hoo!! :)

amy said...

Super cute Suzie:) I love the cards you made. I dont scrapbook.... but am a collector of cards, paper, and other scrapbooking supplies. I am always up for card making... keep us posted:)

Alysha Holmquist said...

Suz- I'm so proud of you! I know you've been looking for a good hobby and I think you've found it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the hello friend card with the cherry blossoms- what an awesome idea. You've found something you're good at, little missy! I miss you and hope to see you soon. I won't be home too much this summer, but hopefully enough to come over and hang out and look at your creations! Love you!!!

Christia said...

They are amazing! And as the mother of a recipient, we love it :)