Now for an update on the last 2 weeks...
19 weeks: Baby measures 6 inches (crown to rump) and weighs about 8 1/2 oz., about the size of an heirloom tomato or a mango. Research also indicates the baby can now hear sounds outside the womb. We've been trying to talk to him/her more and have read a few stories aloud. Maybe we'll even start listening to some more music!
20 weeks: Wow..I can't believe we've already reached the 1/2 way mark!! Time seems to be flying by..before we know it we'll be holding our little bundle of joy in our arms. At 20 weeks our baby measures 6 1/2 inches from crown to rump and 10 inches from head to heel and weighs about 10 1/2 oz. This is about the length of a cantaloupe!
I had a somewhat eventful day just before I hit the 20 week mark on Monday. I was picking up a couple things at the grocery store, I finished and was going through the self-checkout lane when I suddenly started to feel dizzy and my vision was getting dark. This was about the 4th time this happened and usually I can sit or squat down to alleviate the dizziness and feel better. Well unfortunately I wasn't able to do that this time. The checker came to ask if I was feeling ok, and when I said I wasn't she started helping me to a chair to sit down when apparently I collapsed. I 'woke up' surrounded by employees who were yelling about calling 911. I tried to tell them I was fine and didn't need it, but they had already made the call. So the Fire Department came out and took my blood pressure and talked to me about how I was feeling, my medical history, etc. I told them I was pregnant and had nearly passed out a couple times. They said all my vitals looked ok (this was about 10 mins after the incident) and that I should just talk to my dr. about it at my next visit.
I'm sure the reason it happened this time was due to the fact that I hadn't eaten much that morning and had just finished working out at the gym. When I talked to my nurse she just told me to make sure I am staying hydrated and eating snacks between meals so that my blood sugar doesn't drop too low. My blood pressure is also normally on the low end and I'm anemic, so this is something I'm going to have to pay close attention to so this doesn't happen again! Talk about embarrassing ... lol.
Today we had our 20 week ultrasound. The ultrasound tech checked all baby's measurements, we saw his little heartbeating like crazy, saw his arm bones, legs, spine and even his brain!! It was so amazing to see everything so clearly and be reassured that he is growing perfectly and healthy! We even saw him swallowing the amniotic fluid and getting ready to suck his thumb, it was so cute! Towards the end of the scan she zoomed in on his 'boy parts' and confirmed what I was so sure of from the beginning, it's a healthy baby BOY!! To celebrate my mother in law and sister in law flew in from Spokane for the day and my mom and I picked them up for a girl's day of shopping!! We spent the day at the Supermall where we found some AMAZING deals at Carters, Oshkosh, Children's Place, GAP, Old Navy and Burlington Coat Factory. Let me tell you, I'm gonna have the best dressed little man around! And he's gonna be a bit spoiled my everyone I'm afraid! :) I guess that's what happens with the first grand baby!
Well after a long week and long day of shopping I'm exhausted. Time for me to rest up the rest of the night before I start another work week tomorrow :)
4 comments:
Oh baby boy Bloom is so adorable already. Time is going fast for sure, but 20ish more weeks sounds like FOREVER! All in due time though, all in due time :)
Congrats, Suzie! So exciting!!! I hope you feel better!
Yay! Boys are the best!
How scary to pass out at the grocery store!
I love your "how big is baby" bump.com thing so I copied you :) Also, I love the name Hudson Andrew! He and little Hayden Laraway are going to be best buds! Everyone keeps asking what his nickname with be. We've been calling him "Baby H" lately. I don't know if it will stick once he's born though. Are you going with a nickname?
Post a Comment