Friday, May 15, 2009

Things are changin'


Since we got back from Cancun, Andy and I have been talking and have made a few decisions. First of all, we've decided to get back to working with our RE (Reproductive Encrinologist) that we've been seeing for the past year at Seattle Reproductive. Our plan was to get a 2nd opinion first since I have not seen any changes or results from acupuncture/herbs/organics. So Andy took Tuesday off and we went to the GYFT clinic that we were referred to by a friend of a friend. I know some people (her included) really liked this clinic and have had success, unfortunately we were not impressed at all. We arrived and the building/location were not in the best area, Andy was already skeptical but I told him to keep an open mind and we went into the appt. The clinic itself was ok (although it did't resemble a fertility clinic) but the "Dr" we saw wasn't even a fertility specialist or RE. He was a "DO." We had a consultation with him, but he hadn't even glanced at my records before we met with him, so I had to go through and explain everything. He basically told us what we already knew and that their clinic would've gone through the same testing that SRM would, but doesn't have as strict of restrictions on the # of follicles during a cycle --this made me nervous that I would be at a high risk for high-order multiples (triplets or more..eek!!). Overall, we decided that SRM is a much better fit for us and our needs. So we made an appointment and I'll be meeting with Dr. Dudley again on Tuesday May 26th to discuss our next step in this long journey. Thanks for your support/thoughts/prayers as we go through difficult times. It has been very wearing and tiring on both Andy and I and we sure hope that God has our little miracle waiting to be sent SOON!! :)


On another note...Andy has interviewed for a Personal Banker position at the Fife branch!!!! We've been waiting over a year for him to transfer out of the Seattle market and somewhere closer to home and he finally found an opportunity that sounds promising!! We don't know for sure that he got it, but things sounded VERY good when he met with their manager and the recruiter, so we are hoping and praying that this will be his new 'home away from home' soon.


Oh and how could I have almost forgotten one of the biggest changes... I switched to DAY SHIFT!!! I started last Sunday on my new shift- 8am-6pm with Tues/Weds/Thurs off. It has been so nice to sleep like a normal person and feel more energized during the day! Unfortunately this probably won't last forever, but I will stay on this shift until we bid for our new shifts in August :) It will be very nice for the summer, even though I will still be working weekends...I can't have it all, right?!

2 comments:

Pure Mommy Extract said...

Sounds like things are going well for you right now. Great!

Katie said...

Wow, lots of changes! I'll pray that you get some good news at your next appointment and also that Andy gets the job in Fife. I bet he's sick of the commute!