Monday, June 9, 2008

Another busy week

Alright..time for another update in the life of Suzie...

we'll start with my 'weekend' last week..Monday was a busy day, my friend Amanda stopped by around 10, we went and got some coffee and then took her new puppy to the park to play for a while :) his name is Harley..he's a Yorkie/Bischon mix and is soo cute!! It makes me want another puppy..although Maverick is definitely enough of a handful when it comes to dogs!! After our 'walk' I came home and got my car to meet Christia and Keren at the Supermall for some 'mall walking'..which actually turned into shopping, but we had a lot of fun chatting and all got some good deals!! I got a couple cute shirts for under $20! After shopping I was planning on spending a quiet night in with Andy and Jon, but some co-workers called and insisted we meet them at the Scoreboard for some drinks..so off we went :) It was fun to spend some time outside of work with them too!

Tuesday I ran errands in the a.m., got my hair trimmed up then had my mom, Dean and Steve (my brother) over for dinner. I made a pot-roast in the crock pot that turned out delicious!! After dinner the boys played some video games and my mom played Yahtzee and caught up on some girl talk.

Wednesday morning I had my follow up Dr. appt with Dr. Dudley. We sat down and discussed my blood test results from the week before. He originally thought from my ultrasound that I have PCOS (Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome) , but looking at my blood test results he's not too sure now. All my hormone levels that should have gone up since my previous blood work has actually gone down..which is not a good thing..so he's going to look at some previous MRI's I had done to make sure I don't have any benign lesions on my pituitary gland that could be causing the low hormone levels and also my headaches. We go back next week to possibly get scheduled for another MRI and HOPEFULLY have some more answers so treatment can get started. He said oral medications probably won't work to raise my levels, which means I may have to use injectable medication..which wouldn't be fun, but not the worst that could happen, as long as it works! After the dr. appt, Andy and I had the rest of the day off together, so we went to Target, then to the mall for a bit. We both got a couple new things, then we went home to watch Mean Girls before meeting up with Joy and Dan for dinner at Claim Jumper. We had never been there before, and although their drinks were super expensive (luckily only Andy got one!) the food was good and it was great to hang out with Joy and Dan..I'm so glad they are finally living over here!! Thurs-Sunday was a busy work week with 2 12 hour days..and now I'm back on my 'weekend'. I babysat for my friend's Brad and Katie's daughter Avery for a few hours this morning so Brad could sleep for work tonight, then went grocery shopping at Winco..now here I am..and I just remembered I need to get up to Good Sam before 4 to have my second round of TB tests done so I can start volunteering..so I better head up there....until next time, I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

1 comments:

Alysha Holmquist said...

I love your blog, miss suzie! speaking of miss, I miss your guts! But I'll see you in August! good luck with your doctors appt next week if I don't talk to you- I love you!!!