It seems as if summer is finally coming! Today was about 80 degrees and sunny...unfortunately I spent most of the day at work...Not much has changed since I last wrote. I've been working a lot, still enjoying dispatch, it's sooo much better than call receiving, let me tell you!!
I'm trying to learn to 'live in the moment' and enjoy life..but I still struggle with this a lot. I worry about a lot of things that really don't matter in the long run and I need to stop doing this and start living!! This is one of my major goals this year...to stop stressing and worrying about stupid little things and to be happy. I know that I am very blessed with all I have in life--a wonderfully caring and loving husband, a new car, a good job, a house, great family and friends, healthy body...and the list goes on...
Another goal I'd like to achieve is to engage in activities that benefit others. So I am trying to get involved in some volunteer opportunities. I also hoped to get more involved in our church, and find some activities to participate in there as well. For starters I'm going to be volunteering at Good Sam Hospital by our house. I had an interview with the coordinator on Tuesday and I will be primarily working in the Child Therapy Unit playing with the children and their siblings and cleaning the toys. I also hope to work in the Family Birthing Center as well when something comes available there. I am very excited to get my orientation done on Tuesday so I can get started in this journey!! I am also going to Karina's 1st grade classroom next week to volunteer for a few hours, so I look forward to that as well! I love working with children and I'm so glad I've found some ways to get involved with them!
Well...I just got home from work and should probably get some rest, afterall, tomorrow is Saturday and the weather is supposed to be beautiful..which will make for another crazy night at work I'm sure! :)
1 hour ago






1 comments:
How awesome! I used to volunteer at Good Sam as well and would love to go back to the birth center when time allows!! What a great idea :) heck if you want some volunteer hours, come over to my house when the baby is born :) I'd love some normal adult conversation...say along with a Margarita?? Hehe..I miss you!!
Post a Comment